Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Nathan Bishop '16 (SWUSY)


My love for Israel started during the summer after my seventh grade year. I had the option to go to Israel with my family, or have a Bar Mitzvah party with my family and friends. It took my no time to make up my mind. As soon as I arrived into Israel I felt as if I had been in the wrong place for my whole life, and I had finally arrived home. To me, home is a place where wearing my Judaism is a norm. Home is a place where I can feel safe to express anything that I believe in. To me home is burning both of your feet to the bone on the mud of the Dead Sea.

Since this trip, I have wanted nothing less than to return home. My love and interest for Israel has grown immensely. My trip has caused me to strive to get all of my friends, and all of my friends of SWUSY to become as educated as possible on Israel’s situation. My love has guided me from AIPAC in DC, all the way to the opportunity of becoming SWUSY’s Israel Affairs Vice President 14-15. Now all I want to do is help the Southwest by educating each and every one of my friends, SWUSY or not, on the beauty and the overall importance of Israel’s impact on Judaism and the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment