Sunday, February 23, 2014

Deena Kleinstein '15 (Hagalil)


Two years ago in Israel, the Kotel reached into my soul and supplied me with the most touching memory I have ever had. It was my last Shabbos before I would return to America, and my emotions were running wild. 

I was informed that we would be walking back to the hostel at about twelve at night. Capitalizing on the short time we had left, a group of girls and I rushed down to the deserted Kotel and pulled up white plastic chairs. We sat, we sang, we prayed. 

In the moment full of silence and prayer I have never felt closer to Hashem and my heritage. That serene moment at the Kotel will stick with me forever and continue to supply me with smiles every day. I could not be more excited to continue my spiritual journey and love for Israel this summer on USY Israel/Poland Pilgrimage.

No comments:

Post a Comment